» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 530

0 members and 530 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Lead Tape?

Lead Tape?

OK, so I got a head liquidmetal radical OS, and I love this racquet so much. I dont know how to rate myself but I would put it around a 3.0-3.5 maybe? Anyways I am getting use to this racquet which is taking a while since my last was all about power. Plus this one has a bigger grip, so again its tough to get used to. Now much question is where and why do you put lead tape on a racquet? I have noticed while I have been getting used to this racquet that im hitting mishits, and sometimes I don't get as much power on the hit as I want, and I am assuming this would be attributed to the head light feel. Now I just want to know if lead tape would be something I should look into, or if I should just keep on getting used to this racquet. Before I sound bad though, I would like to throw it out there that even though I have had the racquet for 3 weeks, I have only played 3 matches, and 3 practices, so I haven't exactly been getting used to it by playing day after day...

EDIT:: I just read up abuot the lead tape and I think I will be putting some on the 3 and 9 positions of my racquet because it will reduce the torque of offcenter shots while somewhat increasing power...
    Last edited by SARC_Tennis; 07-03-2006 at 05:41 PM.

Lead tape

Answers to your lead tape question might be here:

http://www.nothingbuttennis.com/html...placement.html