hello everyone. i just read one of O's books and took the MTM quiz. i tried to send them but i couldnt find the email, i clicked on the link but nothing popped up. so heres the quiz and i marked an X next to my choice. This quiz was really tricky for me because of the true false, for some reason i am much better at multiple choice.
thank you for your time and help,
_larry

Q1: Children and beginners should be taught the open stance.
True x

False
Q2: The greatest driving force in the modern forehand is the contraction of the biceps and pectorals.

True

False x-i dont recall anything about the pecs, just the bicepts
Q3: Power with control in modern tennis come from waiting until the last second to discharge your force.

True x

False
Q4: Although initially learning to swing is done at slow speeds, the stroke is the same used by the pros.

True x

False
Q5: Top pros play tennis as if with the hand, the rest of the body moves instinctively to help the ball.

True x

False
Q6: The ball slows down close to 60 percent from baseline to baseline even at the top pro level.

True x

False
Q7: The serve slows down close to 55 percent from baseline to baseline even at the top pro level.

True x

False
Q8: Rushing is usually the underlying cause of becoming tight and nervous in a real match.

True

False x-getting tight and nervous leads to rushing, which we all know is bad
Q9: Although professionals volley without an apparent grip change between FH and BH there may be some grip change at the heel of the hand.

True x

False
Q10: The two motions that combine to give the ball topspin and sidespin are hitting up and across.

True x

False
Q11: The open stance on the two handed backhand allows faster recovery.

True x

False
Q12: Acceleration, more than velocity, is the key to controlled power.

True x

False
Q13: The two key elements that must never be violated are timing and feel.

True x

False
Q14: Volley with your hands, not your body.

True x

False
Q15: Preparing early destroys your timing and your game.

True x

False
Q16: The best way to find the ball is tracking with your racquet in front till the ball is near.

True x

False
Q17: Teaching a closed stance forehand to beginner kids tends to remind them of their baseball swing.

True x

False
Q18: Tapping the racquet gently on the opposite shoulder relates the end of the swing to the placement.

True x

False
Q19: Top pros play tennis with the hand, the rest of the boy moves instinctively to help the ball.

True x

False
Q20: On the volley, stop firmly through the contact with the ball.

True x

False
Q21: It is important for a new student to learn to make the hitting arm independent of the body.

True

False x-its a misconception that it is, leads to the player thinking too much about the arm
Q22: Players prepare early they make mental images of what will happen to the ball instead of waiting and observing the balls actual flight and speed.

True x

False
Q23: Teaching topspin strokes from the very beginning develops longer feel of the ball and builds in a safety factor and confidence.

True x

False
Q24: It is preferable to lift your body like McEnroe and the Bryan Brothers as you hit the volley because it keeps the strings on the height of the ball longer.

True x

False
Q25: Telling a student to “push” and “brush” the ball versus hitting the ball conveys the sense of approaching the ball slowly, feeling the ball, and accelerating on impact.

True x
False
Q26: Staying down on a groundstroke traps the swing instead of facilitating it.

True x

False
Q27: Top players, when serving the second serve, first hit up on the serve, then fall forward.

True x

False
Q28: Turning & pivoting towards the ball is faster than side-stepping.

True x

False