» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 534

0 members and 534 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: flatspin

flatspin

The Flat-Spin Maneuver When the first chunk of chocolate fell in peanut butter, oh what a glorious day that was. In tennis, wouldn't it be good to have your cake and eat it, too. Historically, tennis players have had to choose between either hitting a flat ball, with very little spin, or hitting a ball with heavy top spin. Wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to choose; if you could have the best of both worlds?

Traditional topspin is hit by contacting the tennis ball near the bottom and rubbing the ball upward and forward. The upside: you have a license to hit the ball hard and it will stay in play. The downside: it is hit with a loopy motions that clears the net high, bounces high when it lands, and gives your opponent time to run under your shots.

A flat shot is hit with a fairly level swing that contacts the middle of the ball. The upside: you hit a ball that stays low and penetrates through the court so that your opponent is left without time to run under it. The downside: a flat shot must be hit fairly exact; if it is hit too high or too hard it goes out and if it it hit too low it is into the net.

Flatspin is a hybrid between the two shots. You swing level at the ball like a flat shot, but right before you contact the middle of the ball you perform a rising socket maneuver( a one shoulder shoulder shrug that lifts the hand and elbow quickly and simultaneously)to generate wicked forward topspin. The result is a shot that crosses low over the net and very fast speeds. Yet it has enough topspin to bring it down into the court. The ball, when it bounces, stays low and his hard to run under. It is like a tennis version of a Reece's peanut butter cup! A very powerful weapon for the tennis power seeker!! tennisfromanobody.blogspot.com/

????

Huh? You mean a topspin shot hit with more pace and less spin, don't you?

????

Yes...I was totally mistaken in what I said earlier. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. It is just a flat shot with less spin after all.