» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 511

0 members and 511 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Need Your Expert Advise / Recommendations ^_^

Hi, My name is John.. "straight to the point".. im thinking of buying a new tennis racket for myself but i have confusing selections on which one to buy. now you might think "demo", well i can't spend on anything else, i even ask my tennis buddies if they have liquid metal rackets "my first choice" for me to try out. i have read many reviews, comments, faqs from many tennis players of different rackets and some of what they say contradict some description on a specific racket type. So here i am asking for your expert advise for the best possible racket for me. i will provide some/alot distinct info on my playing style and what i want to have in the racket for you to base your advise / recommendations in.

SERVICE:
    I have a powerful Flat first serve and a low level Spin 2nd service.

FOREHAND:
    I am an aggressive player, i try to put so much power in every ball that i hit, i have an Extreme Western forehand grip ( i can almost practically hold an eastern forehand grip and just rotate my risk to hit the ball forehand ) thats how extreme my forehand grip is. i hit with a lot of topspin ( every new person / player that i play with, the first thing they say about my game is how much top spin i put into my shots ).

VOLLEYS:
    i am not too good with my net volleys, i am good but not that good.

BACKHAND:
    i used to play 2 handed back hand on my first 2 years after starting tennis, but after that i switched to 1 handed backhand, with the advise of my other coach and now im stuck with it, for some people they base their playing style on Tennis Pro's "when i started with my 2 handed backhand i immitated michael chang".. my backhand now "one handed" is from one of my favorite players, "Guga" Gustavo Kuerten. his backhand is my backhand.

WHAT I WANT FROM A RACKET:
    I want a Mid Plus racket, I never owned a Mid Sized racket before, i heard it gives more power than Oversized racket.
    I want the racket to give my shots MORE spin and and ALOT more power.
    I want a racket that does not hurt my shoulder when performing power shots.
    I want a racket that will help me to have a crisp fast travelling return volley.
    I want a racket to give me fast maneuverability around the court

My choice right now is the ( Head Liquidmetal Radical MP Tennis Racket ).

Thank You kindly in advance for your help. I really appreciate it ^_^.. And Yes i know, Racket is spelled "Racquet", i just don't like seeing red under a word hehe ^_^

I used to play with LMRadMids. Still have 2 I rotate in to remind myself why I chose to change rackets.
    DunlopMfil and Aero 200's replaced them. Easier on my body, softer head, less jarring on mishits, about the same overall power. LMRads were low 11oz, like 11.4. A new BioLite200 is close, right at 98 sq's., 61 stiffness, 7 points headlight.
    Any player's racket from any company can do the job just fine. Just spec in the mid 11oz weight, soft flex, headlight.

I see..... damn so much to choose from,, buying the wrong racquet is just awful, i hope i dont mess up >_<

try the APDGT its lighter than my radical but i am able to swing faster with giving me tons of spin and power. though the feel is very different than the radical, i think im going to make the switch.