» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 503

0 members and 503 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Advice/Help

Advice/Help

I've been playing tennis for two years now and I'm in my senior year(just started school) I'm on varsity at my school and I teach little kids/some high schoolers at the Country Club in my town.

I've been having trouble lately with my match play. I think I've hit a wall. When I play doubles I do really well but when I play singles I usually lose every match. A friend says it's because I don't play enough matches another says I'm having a bad day. But I think I've hit a wall that I can't get over at the moment.

I want to take my Game to the next level so I can make it to state this year in doubles. I know I'm very far away from that goal as the player I am now. But I know that I have dependable strokes, a good 1st serve, a consistent 2nd serve, and some good volleys but when I get into a ranking match for my school I choke and loose to people I shouldn't be losing to.

I was just wondering is it more of a mental thing or do I just need to work harder?

Thanks for the Help in advance,
    Zak

The problem may be that you just aren't playing within your abilities. When you play matches do you go for shots you normally cant make most of the time? That was a big problem for me as well as hitting the ball harder the longer the match went. Just try to relax and construct points that give you openings that don't require a low percentage shot to win. If you're playing down against a worse opponent I really have no clue what to do I still have problems with this.

yes I do tend to go for shots I usually don't hit. I'll work on that. Thank you for the Advice
    Dunlop M-Fil 200/different kinda strings/ Tension- 63-65 lbs