» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 517

0 members and 517 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Red face Aching and pain help

I am a fairly young player and I play about 5 hours a week. I have been enperiencing pain in my shoulder and wrist frequently. If anyone knows a solution to this please help me out. Thanks everyone

Weightlifting has been the solution to all my pain problems in life. For your shoulder I recommend these: http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2004/...l_rotation.htm For your wrist I'd do something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvP5dhON85E

Thanks. Primarily, it was my wrist.

They're good exercises for preventing injury too. I used to get trigger finger from playing but adding the forearm exercises straightened things out for me.

I agree! weightlifting will strengthen your muscles to support your body which will eventually keep you from being injured. I also read this good article on how to avoid tennis injuries. I find this quite effective for me. Below is an explanation for the shoulder ache after playing tennis:

"The repetitive motion required by the serve and overhead can be stressful on the shoulder, which can result in soreness and can lead to a more serious injury such as a torn rotator cuff, says Dr. Plancher. Similarly the elbow and wrist are also at risk. Tennis elbow, which Dr. Plancher explains as an inflammation of the tendon that attaches to the ulna (top part of the elbow), one of the three bones that make up the elbow joint, is a common overuse injury among tennis players, particularly those over 30. Wrist strains are also common."

From: http://www.i-newswire.com/how-to-gua...n-injury/99056

Quote Originally Posted by larar1chards View Post
    I agree! weightlifting will strengthen your muscles to support your body which will eventually keep you from being injured. I also read this good article on how to avoid tennis injuries. I find this quite effective for me. Below is an explanation for the shoulder ache after playing tennis:

"The repetitive motion required by the serve and overhead can be stressful on the shoulder, which can result in soreness and can lead to a more serious injury such as a torn rotator cuff, says Dr. Plancher. Similarly the elbow and wrist are also at risk. Tennis elbow, which Dr. Plancher explains as an inflammation of the tendon that attaches to the ulna (top part of the elbow), one of the three bones that make up the elbow joint, is a common overuse injury among tennis players, particularly those over 30. Wrist strains are also common."

From: http://www.i-newswire.com/how-to-gua...n-injury/99056
    This worked for me. Thanks for sharing this!

Great thread! I've been planning to lift but I'm not sure if this will worsen my shoulder injury..

You could maybe use tennis balls for under 10's for a little while. They bounce lower and are slower giving you more time to get into the right position to hit your shot. You could also do some exercises with your wrist and shoulder before and after playing your game.