» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 745

0 members and 745 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Oscar Wegner Clinics In Palm Desert

Famed tennis coach Oscar Wegner will be giving Modern Tennis Methodology clinics in Palm Desert September 28th-Oct 1st.

Let Oscar transform your tennis, enabling you to win more matches and have more fun on the court. Clinics will focus on 1) defining the modern game and identifying differences between conventional and modern tennis strokes 2) clearing up misconceptions and faulty technique, and incorporating the basics of Oscar's MTM (Modern Tennis Methodology) to produce a more efficient personal style. These clinics are open to all players and coaches wishing to gain a deeper understanding of MTM and work in person with Oscar. Private sessions with Oscar are also available upon request.
    To register go to:
    http://www.tennisteacher.org/Lucy/Pa...t_Clinics.html
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Hi Tennis Angel - let me tell you firstly that I am a huge fan of Oscar Wegner. I first learned about him when I was researching my book "So you want to win Wimbledon?" I got his book "Play better tennis in 2 hours" with the DVD included and thought the information in in was great.

But why does Oscar make it out as though Richard Williams watched his TV show, learned the game from there and then took his girls straight onto the pro tour where they enjoyed phenominal success?

There's no mention about the fact that when they were 6 and 7, Richard also took them to Paul Cohen, then spent 4 years at Rick Macci's then used Dave Rineberg to train them at their home.

I've spoken to Rick Macci about this myself, have been thru his web site and studied his archived articles and TV programmes. I don't therefore think that Oscar's book is exactly "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!"

Helpput me right on this one and if you've time look at my sample chapter on www.soyouwanttowinwimbledon.com - a lot of it's about the Wiliams sisters. It won't be too difficult for me to give Oscar a mention if you think I've missed something out.

Thanks

Martin Baldridge

The Tennis Guy

www.soyouwanttowinwimbledon.com