» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 552

0 members and 552 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Question Can Andy Murray win a Slam?

On this side of the pond thats the big question with us tennis fans..up in Scotland anyway. just how good can he be? In Britain we need someone who's going to win BIG! we need a winner if the game going to grow.....

In my view Murray is by far the most talented player that the British Isles has produced, at least in the modern era. You only have to watch his straight-set demolition of Andy Roddick at Wimbledon to see that. But raw talent is only one of the factors that go towards the making of a tennis champion -- strength, determination, mental maturity, stamina, consistency, self-belief, etc., are some of the others.

The jury is still out on whether Murray will ever acquire the full package but I would think he could be capable of winning a Slam during his career. Whether he will develop into a champion, i.e a multi-Slam winner, only time will tell.

Talking

he can after federer retires

Your Half Right. Yes, He Will Have To Wait After Federer Retires, But Then He Will Have Wait Until Nadal Retires.

time will certainly tell. what do you folks think about Nadal losing to the Byrd man in Toronto's third round? don't know bout you, but i didn't expect to see that. is his wrist still bothering him?

nope nthg 2 do wid wrist..it was jus not his day!!!

by the way, I love Hingis!!! :-)

Nicole Vaidisova

Nicole is the best I'm from Czech republic. Nicole, gogogo, please visited my website, write to shoutboard, post link to your friends and vote in opinion poll http://www.nicolevaidisova.wz.cz

Murray

I think that Murray can win a grandslam but in a couple of years. he has lots of skill but he needs to keep his temper and fitness

Any 20 year old that is a world class tennis player that can't keep in shape, probably will not win a slam title.

Yes I think he will win big one soon , and it will be wimbledon assuming he did not have an injury or something , he has all what it takes to do it , he needs to put it together with some experience .

Andy Murray is not as good as i thought he would be but i think he has a chance to win a grand slam because federer could get injured or sick eventually. But first murray would have to get into better shape, which i think hes doing. i can understand why some would say he might "not win a grand slam as long as Federer is around." YOur right, he has the best chance after Federer retires. Seriously.