» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 520

0 members and 520 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Need help choosing the right shoe. Got it down to two.

Hi.

I am a beginner at tennis and have just started getting my forehands right. I am thinking of purchasing a pair of tennis shoes and have to decide between the Wilson Men’s Advantage Court IV Tennis Shoe and Reebok Men’s Club C Sneaker. Can someone help me make my decision?

Neither of these have pivot support and some of the other advanced technologies that the more expensive shoes do, so would you recommend another shoe in the general range of these two that is better than these? My size is 11.5 D(M) US (11.1″ × 4.1″).

Thanks.
    Last edited by aryayush; 11-14-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Added the shoe size.

I'd go with the Wilson one as it's designed specifically for tennis and afford more ankle and foot protection than the Reeboks. You can probably get some Nike Air Max Breathe Cage IIs for ~70usd since they're discontinued if you shop around.

Thanks. How about Adidas Nastase Millenium?

I've never tried any of the three you mentioned but the Nastase Milleniums and the Wilsons both look solid as far as the really important padding and support goes. I just reccomended the Breathe Cage IIs because I've worn them for a few years and know firsthand how comfortable and supportive they are. The Nastese Milleniums are really highly rated though so you'd probably do well to buy them.

Thank you for your advice. I would consider the Nike Air Max Breathe Cage IIs but at $80, they are significantly outside my budget (I live in India and have to get them imported, which adds to the cost).