» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 506

0 members and 506 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    dariusarsenal Guest

Backhand Problems (1hander)

ok so i have a pretty good all around game. My serve and forehand is a weapon and i play number 1 at my high school in Virginia. My weakness that was exploited this year was my one handed slice backhand. I decided to hit some top spin on it. I am not very technical but ill tell you what i know about my struggling backhand. I use this grip: If the raquet were on the ground and you picked it up...thats the grip i use for my forehand and backhand and forehand volley...what grip is it and should i change it for my bakchand...? thanks guys,
    D

Talking

do u like henin?

hm

For my one handed backhand, i actually change grips from my forehand to my backhand, I hit the back hand flat, and my forehand topspin, so like angled kind of down.

i dont know if this helps at all.

but i tried
    Last edited by tennis_man; 07-21-2006 at 12:45 AM.

Talking

thats a gr8 idea.i play lik tat 2

Quote Originally Posted by dariusarsenal
    ok so i have a pretty good all around game. My serve and forehand is a weapon and i play number 1 at my high school in Virginia. My weakness that was exploited this year was my one handed slice backhand. I decided to hit some top spin on it. I am not very technical but ill tell you what i know about my struggling backhand. I use this grip: If the raquet were on the ground and you picked it up...thats the grip i use for my forehand and backhand and forehand volley...what grip is it and should i change it for my bakchand...? thanks guys,
    D
    I have a semi western grip for my forehand. I hit my backhand with topspin rotating my forearm clockwise (I'm right handed) and helping with my thumb to move the racquet head upwards and faster. My backhand grip can be described as a full western forehand grip.

Smile here u go

First of all, from ur discribtion i can understand that ur school must suck to have a guys like u as number1 player of the team.
    But i'll still try to help u. For best top spin one-handed back hand u should use eastern backhand grip which is extremly similar to western forehand grip.
    And for ur volley i strongly recommend u to use the continental grip for both FH and BH. Hope this helps u a little good luck on courts.

Stuartk36 Guest
    Heres an idea for you, use your other hand to line up your backhand. If you take your left hand (if you hit right handed) and use the area between your left thumb and first finger to hold on to the V of the racquet, you can line the racquet up for a great backhand.

he is actually right up there the one which says u must suck but i not syaing u do but u must either use the continental grip or the eastern grip for the one handed bkhand fed uses eastern justine uses ciontinental continental iis older eastern miore modern and that gri u describe is most likely for the forehand and u must change tro a cotinental grip for the vollies!!