» Stats

Members: 14,965
Threads: 146,631
Top Poster: antoni (129,054)
Welcome to our newest member, JFifield

» Online Users: 46

1 members and 45 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 601, 08-31-2009 at 09:36 PM.

What tennis racquet to choose?Suggestions?

Ok, so im 14 years old and being playing tennis for like 5 yrs, just recently going back to tennis from about 4 months off. I'm play comp, and im an ok player, however, when i was 11 yrs old i bought the wilson k zen team which was a huge mistake. The racquet allows you to create the power and has an exceptional amount of spin.
    I don't have a big swing, so i found it difficult to generate power.
    I know i left it for 3 years, however i was blaze and naive as i was just attracted by the appearance and 'big name title' (k factor).

About my game style: I can create my own spin, but not power, so i need a racquet to assist me on that. I really don't know how to properly describe my game style, because i just jump on the court and play, besides the fact that i'm able to create spin and not power.

So, what tennis racquet should i consider buying, and how can i choose the appropriate tennis racquet for me? btw, i don't think i can hire a tennis racquet, so i'm gonna need to make a wise decision.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Evan; 01-26-2011 at 04:35 AM.

you probably want a racket that is about 100-104 sq inchs.
    string pattern will probably be either 16x18 or 16x19.
    look for "tweener rackets"
    babolats and princes are probably your best bet.

Hope this helped!

Try heavy a racket with a larger head size and loose strings to give you more power. Other than that, the first thing that you need to consider when buying a racket is your grip. Check below article for tips in buying a racket.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Learn-Tenn...ket&id=6134099

I agree with Lara, your grip would also be one of the main factors in choosing your racket.

If you are looking to generate power you need to buy a lighter tennis racket. I am a Wilson man myself. However there are plenty of other brands out there. I would try and borrow some rackets from people in your club or from friends to see what racket weight gives you the most power. If you have a tennis coach you could ask him/her also.

you probably need a racket small head, heavy weight, thin beam, head light (or even) balance, frame not too stiff.
    Head Size range: 98 sq.in to 102 sq. in. Weight Range: 280g to 300g Beam Width Range: 22mm to 24mm
    Wish you success
    life full of fun with fun88
    w88 life is not waiting