» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 525

0 members and 525 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Looking to replace my racket...need some options.

I currently hit with a liquidmetal prestige mid size. I really like it, but I'm getting older and looking for some more power. I have a heavy forehand and serve, but like a lighter racket for my one handed backhand.

I love my Prince Graphite Classic Oversize racquet. I get a lot of power and spin.

you may need to go with a 16x18 string pattern, or a 18x20 strung loosely.
    kfactor/blx 6.1 95s are a good choice
    i wouldn't go with anything in head- they're low-powered rackets.
    prince is probably your best choice
    babolats are lower-powered too. they are spin oriented rackets

Brand doesn't really bother that much. You need to consider the head size, length, weight and string tension. If you want more power, you need to consider rackets with larger head and loose strings.

I agree that you need to consider the head size, length, weight and string tension. However if you go with a light racket you may generate more power with your backhand but your forehand and serve may suffer. I am actually sponsored by Wilson but if you like the racket that you are currently using you should stick to something similar, maybe just a little heavier. The fact that you are getting bigger you will start to naturally generate more power. In regards to the backhand, if you keep practicing the technique the power will come, just make sure that you get right back behind the ball in order to make contact more in front of your body.......... How old are you?

Switched to DunlopAero500 4 months ago from Mfil 200's.
    Dropped weight from 12 oz to 10 oz.
    A real pleasure to play with the lighter racket, just gotta remember to hit the first ball hard, so it won't come back hard.