» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 578

0 members and 578 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Roger Federer to regain #1 rank?

With all this talk about Roger Federer being the best male tennis player ever, how do people feel about him overtaking the number one spot again? Right now, Nadal has a healthy 2000 point lead. Of course Wimbledon 2008 will be erased soon.. in combination with Roger's 15th slam, he could become number one in just a month! However, Nadal would likely need to be knocked out as early as round one.

Yes! I'm a huge Fed fan. If Nadal plays Wimbledon, he won't be 100% due to his knees. So I think it's a good chance Fed will grab the #1 title after he breaks Pete's record

Quote Originally Posted by renatog View Post
    Yes! I'm a huge Fed fan. If Nadal plays Wimbledon, he won't be 100% due to his knees. So I think it's a good chance Fed will grab the #1 title after he breaks Pete's record
    Wow, who would've thought that just seven years after Pete scored an impressive 14 slams, Roger would be going for 15!

Quote Originally Posted by renatog View Post
    Yes, you're right, Nadal withdrawal from Wimbledon makes Federer easier to regain the number 1 spot since he lost the top ranking about 15 months ago. Unless he lost at the opening round of the Wimbledon tennis open.
    Enjoy every tennis games with my Wilson ncode racquet. Big fans of all Tennis ATP matches.

Remember Soderling and who he beat in Paris ! well there are a few like him around at Wimbledon, best wait to see who holds up the trophy on Sunday 5th July 2009.

Federer is currently ranked first with about an 1100 point lead over Nedal. This is not likely to change until Australia.
    Pat J
    Relearning tennis!
    HSA Ankle Support

Did anyone watch the Paris Masters Final 2009 ? The Eurosport Presenter Mark Petchey referred to the "Plan" Djorvick had to beat Monfil !!! Djorvick is the Australian Open champion and number 3 in the world ! I did not notice any "Plan" in beating Monfil did you ? he was taken to the "Wire" sheer luck I would say that in the tie break his last few swipes at the ball fell in court ! some plan eh !!!

Sorry -Djokovic (spelling) !

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    Did anyone watch the Paris Masters Final 2009 ? The Eurosport Presenter Mark Petchey referred to the "Plan" Djorvick had to beat Monfil !!! Djorvick is the Australian Open champion and number 3 in the world ! I did not notice any "Plan" in beating Monfil did you ? he was taken to the "Wire" sheer luck I would say that in the tie break his last few swipes at the ball fell in court ! some plan eh !!!
    I haven't been able to watch anything cause I no longer have the tennis channel When is the year end tournament?.. I know it's soon.

Sorry you havn't got the tennis channel anymore ! The Barclays World Tennis Finals begin on 22nd November 2009 at the 02 Arena in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    Sorry you havn't got the tennis channel anymore ! The Barclays World Tennis Finals begin on 22nd November 2009 at the 02 Arena in London.
    Thanks Harwin. I have to find a way to watch. Where do you live

Federer is just an amazing tennis player - he makes it look easy and I think he is the best in the world at this stage. I am a Nadal fan and would really like him to be #1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elize View Post
    Federer is just an amazing tennis player - he makes it look easy and I think he is the best in the world at this stage. I am a Nadal fan and would really like him to be #1 again.
    Nadal number 1 again.. very possible. By the end of this week, we will have a very good idea as to who is going to stir up the rankings this year.

Not going to happen now......