» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 512

0 members and 512 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: ISP Academy

ISP Academy

He say:

The history

The ISP Company was created by Charles Auffray, while he was still playing in the ATP Tour. The ISP mission was to help French tennis players obtain scholarships in American universities.
    The company evolved by sending more and more athletes of all sports (track and field, golf, soccer, swimming…): more than 500 since its creation!Answering a growing demand from young players looking for a place to train seriously in order to prepare for the ATP and WTA tours or to get a scholarship in an American university, Charles Auffray and Régis Lavergne, also a former player on the ATP Tour, start the ISP Academy in 2003.
    Since then, the number of players coming to train at the ISP Academy with our professional coaches and top facilities, has not stopped growing.

The mission

The main mission of the ISP Academy is to prepare young players for a professional career while, at the same time, allowing students to get a solid education. This allows students to make a choice after they graduate from high-school. The ISP Academy offers the possibility to get a scholarship in an American university.

INTERNATIONAL TENNIS CLUB ISP ACADEMY

Le ISP Academy club welcomes tennis players of all ages at the Sophia Country Club.With a capacity of 20 courts including 10 clay courts and 3 indoor hard courts, a coaching staff of 12 former ATP professionals, the ISP Club offers clients a unique opportunity to take tennis lessons all year in the best conditions.ISP Club has the right program for you, depending on your level of ability, fitness and motivation, tennis lessons are totally adpated to your personnal needs.Don't wait and come visit us on the sunny French Riviera

The ISP Academy Team

The ISP team of coaches is essentially composed of former professional players having evolved on the WTA and ATP tours as coaches and players.

Charles Auffray

DirectorFormer n°190 ATP and 15th in FranceGraduated in business from Pepperdine

I Say:

This Academy is the "Love child" of Charles Auffray. Like his copatriot Patrick Mouratoglou he is another King of self promotion. He is cleverly using famous Tennis players who used his facilities for occasional training and is portraying them that way that parent will have the feeling that this is an everyday occurence. He has never produced a player worth talking about but his prices are ludicrous!
    He is more expensive then Nick Bollettieri Academy. His sales pitch is that through him French players can achieve a scholarship in one of the US Colleges.
    If you want to rent the court per hour or to use his services as a "Agent" to achieve a scholarship for a US College maybe you should try it. But using him and his team to help you to raise your child to a professional level is a waste of time and money.
    P.S.
    Charles Auffray's knowledge in his opinionis is that vast that he is running Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Athletics, etc at the same time.

I've been to ISP, in France.
    One of the best academies, by far.
    Excellent coaching, amazing location, delicious food.
    I'd suggest everyone go there, thus the fact it is slightly expensive every last cent is worth it.

hi any information on mouratoglou tennis academy?padma.

ISP Academy - NEVER AGAIN

Please see my first letter I have written to the academy:

Dear Mr. Auffray,

I have just returned home from our family holiday in the South of France and take my first free minute to write you an email in regards to my daughters short stay at the ISP Tennis Academy.

I registered my daugther for a 1 week boarding camp, starting on Sunday, July 26th. I arrived with my family at the CIV campus with plenty of time to check out where my 11 year old would be staying. I have to say that WE WERE SHOCKED and very disappointed by the state of the accomodation. I was tempted to withdraw my daughter immediately based on the accomodation facilities but my daughter was eager to stay for the tennis. Please see details below of the major concerns;

Toilets/Showers
    I have never seen such poor and dirty facilities before. The toilets had no seats and were covered in human faeces. I am not sure when they have been cleaned last. The showers were extremely dirty. The floors were stained and clearly had not been cleaned recently. I was also very surprised that boys and girls were required to share these same facilities.

Bedroom:
    The floor of the bedroom had not been vacuumed or cleaned with a wet cloth in the last 6 months. The cupboards were covered in spiderwebs. There were also many varieties of insects in the room.

Overall housing:
    The entire house didn't appear to have seen a cleaning team for months.

Food:
    According to my daughter and other sources the food was extremely poor. I am surprised by this as it is very important for young athletes to eat good quality and healthy food.

Benjamin Cassaigne:
    I was very surprised by the behaviour of Mr. Cassaigne. It appeared that he was not interested in the needs and wishes of my daughter. I had previously written several emails to him and also spoke to him on our arrival, regarding 1 hour private lessons with him each day for my daugther. The private lesson did not occur as had been scheduled on the first day. I was also surprised by his arrogance and lack of interest in dealings with him once my daughter had been signed up for the camp.

Group Lessons:
    My daughter was allocated to a group with players of lower ability where she did not feel challenged.

Supervision:
    Last but not least I am very upset by the fact that when we collected my daughter, at the gates of the CIV campus, she had been left there unsupervised. Parents entrust the safety and well being of their children to ISP and it is clearly unaccepatble for an eleven year old child to be left unsupervised outside the gates of the campus, particularly after 9pm in the evening.

Based on the very poor accomodation facilities, the fact that my daughter was not challenged in her group lessons and that the private lessons were not provided we decided to take withdraw my daughter from the tennis camp after 1 day and collected her at 9pm.

Our overall experience indicates that the ISP does not show too much interest or care for the children who attend the camps, considering the quality of accomodation, food, relevence of lessons, follow through on agreed schedules and attitude of senior staff members. It appears that this is all about the money.

My next action, if I do not get a satisfactory response from you, will be to have my lawyer write a more detailed account (including pictures) copying Mr. Jean Gachassin (president of the French Tennis Association) and Mrs. Roselyne Bachelot-Narquin, (Minister of Health and Sport of France).

I would like to request a full refund of Euro 995 which was paid for the weeks tennis camp and boarding.

I am looking forward to hearing from by Friday, August 7th, 2009.

can you show pictures from isp to us? It is just interesting for me,

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
    I will post the pics in the near future. I just want to give ISP a chance to respond to my e mails, before I will post the pics.
    Best regards

Thumbs down ISP academy

I have to agree here that unfortunately ISP does not deliver what they are promising. It used to be relatively cheap 2 years ago but they have increased the fees enormously. Again the better of a player you are the tougher it will be to find the right group there.
    Remember ISP is a business and needs to make a profit, profit only comes with quantity and as long as they keep up a 50% satisfaction rate they will do fine financially. Especially in europe it goes with the territory that the vast majority of good players above 16 are working with their federations and not with academies. They will always show you exceptions that this boy or girl liked it so much at their place and choose them over the federation , the only problem is that your son or daughter will not be playing with them on the same court.
    Last edited by brutus maximus; 02-09-2010 at 05:12 AM.

anyone have any insight into Juan Carlos Ferrero Academy in Spain??

Hi there! I am the USA Agent for the JC Ferrero Academy http://www.equelite.com/noticia.asp?idnoticia=138023

It is located near Alicante, Spain. It is a small, boutique academy and they limit their full-time players to keep their numbers small. They have red clay and hard courts. Nico Almagro also trains here full time. It is a very tight-knit academy and coaches eat meals with the players, for example. The Juan Carlos Ferrero Academy attracts players from all over the world. They currently have players from USA, Spain, Russia, France, Belgium, England, Greece, etc. Their summer camps are also very international.

They also have adult programs which makes it a popular destination for many adults who want a tennis vacation. They also host groups.

For more information you can contact me at usacampagent@gmail.com or using the link above. You can also visit our web www.sportcamptravel.com