» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 526

0 members and 526 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by luvyoyoma1954 View Post
    I have only followed tennis for a year, but I have seen the tennis match change completely from one set to the next and back. It is an incredible indiviual sport whose level of self confidence and temper plays such a HUGE part of the game.
    Well, I've been watching the sport for about 13 years now, and my age doesn't double the no. of years I've been watching tennis hehe

Tennis really is an individual sport, at this high level it's all about mental toughness...

Nadal really demolished Almagro the other day, and you guys are right, the Djokovic vs Nadal match will tell the story...we can all analyze the performance of the main 2 actors here, but if it comes down to the final, then it's a almost always becomes a totally different ball game...it's one thing to get to the final of a slam, but then again playing the final...that's always another story

Smile so anxious

I am so anxious and nervous for Rafa and about Friday's match. The hype for the tournament and "can Rafa win 4 in a row and make history?' would destroy an average person. Rafa and fed seem to wear the intensity and media attention like a shield.

Of course he can but the way Nadal is steam-rolling at RG right now it doesn't look good. The semi's outta be interesting but I predict another title for Rafa
    Cheers,

Rally Sports
    www.rallysportsonline.com

Wink

I want and pray for Rafa's 4'th win, but I do not predict. My predicting tends to be death for my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyoyoma1954 View Post
    I want and pray for Rafa's 4'th win, but I do not predict. My predicting tends to be death for my choice.
    Well then, I don't predict it then either, we'll just see what happens

On today's form, in the semi-final, Nadal will beat Federer I am sorry to have to say. I am keen on records and I did want Federer to win tomorrow, then he could have gone on may be to surpass Sampras who was never able to win the French Open.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    Well then, I don't predict it then either, we'll just see what happens
    Yes, total demolition of Federer this year...this is also a record equaling, 4th consecutive win for Nadal at the French.

The question now is, can Nadal beat Fed at Wimbledon?

Thumbs up

I SAY YES, THIS IS THE YEAR FOR RAFA ON GRASS AND ESPECIALLY WIMBLEDON.

I will be doing all my usual hoping, praying and spiritual chanting to help him carry out this feat.

I never want fed humiliated but i do want him to turn this trophy over to Rafa. I am very excited about Wimbledon.

I am looking at the singles and doubles at Queen's as a perfect time to make the cross over from clay to his new world of winning, grass.

I think Rafa has a good chance to win Wimbledon. He has momentum and confidence going into the tournament. Im a big fan of the Fed, but after seeing him at the French in the finals, the fire is not there anymore unfortunataly. It wouldn't surprise me if Roger gets elimanated in the early rounds. Hopefully he'll turn it up a notch at Wimbledon to beat Rafa if they meet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Wink

I agree that last years fire in the belly for Fed does not seem to be there, those even less when he plays Rafa and that is when you need the most.

It is human nature to find it very difficult to adjust to suddenly losing when you have won so much for so long.

I had mono twice when I was in middle school and I was wiped out for months.

My best thoughts are with fed as long as he does not beat Rafa.

After nadal's 4th title at r/garos this year,i think we all saw the sheer dominance he showed to equal Borg's record at just 22yrs,i think he is stonger than Borg,whi i thought was the best claycourter i had seen,until Nadal came along,quite frankly i cannot seeing anyone beating Nadal at r/garos unless he is injured,Roger just hasn't got the game to hurt Nadal anymore, on clay.

roger can and will do it in the next 2 years

13 Grand Slams now for Roger, one more to win to equal the great Pete ! Roger I am sure will do it but not at RG like Pete never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    13 Grand Slams now for Roger, one more to win to equal the great Pete ! Roger I am sure will do it but not at RG like Pete never did.
    You know my friend, I agree that Roger will most likely acquire his 14 or more Slam titles but until he beats Rafa in the French Open Finals, he will forever have that monkey on his back. If I were Roger's Coach, I don't think I would do what Ivan Lendl did in skipping the French so he could prepare more for Wimbledon given he had never won that Crown.

R. Federer is now the 2nd best Clay Court Player in the World so that's a pretty strong argument for knowing how to play on the stuff. It's not the red clay he needs to master, it's Nadal. Even if he were to win the French with a different opponent, wouldn't carry the same weight. His nemesis is clearly Rafa Nadal, in order for Federer to feel he's truly achieved the greatness he's been seeking.

Roger has a huge mountain to climb in 2009, should Federer make it to the French & Wimbledon Finals in 09' and should his opponent be Nadal, he needs to win both of those titles, then he can walk away knowing he's done everything available to him and truly be considered the GOAT
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.