» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 533

0 members and 533 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    sail_blazer Guest

forehand issue ...

i have had troubles with low balls. For example, my practice partner hits the ball deep and low and its impossible to me to hit a good shot with my forehand doing this. i use a Eastern Grip (extreme eastern thats near Semi-western) Help? its really frustrating.

Hey Sail Blazer,

You use a grip that is the worst for low balls. With that type of grip there is only a couple of solutions and I hate to say it you may not like them.
    You really have to get under the ball You have a couple of ways of doing this. You can do it the right way and bend your knees to get your raquet under that ball or at least at the same height of the ball. Or you can do it with your arm getting under the ball but keep in mind that to get the raquet that low you are going to have to bend something and this will create problems later on. You will lose your timing when you get tired and that will create a problem for you. If you want go to my website
    and send me a video of what you are doing and I will send you a video of what I am talking about.

Good luck and I hope that helps

I agree with caraecorcho. I use an extreme western grip and I'm 6 feet tall - low balls is difficult to return without enough bend on your knees to make the right contact. Try to practice bending lower and use an open or semi open stance. If its still difficult hit it on the rise or wait for the ball to get some height and just go for it. If your still having difficulty, I hate to say this but, try a different grip. I played around with different grips because of frustration.haha, but try which works for you

Keep on practicing =)

Mike

If you know how to slice, you can always slice the really low balls.

Low balls....

You can slice, as said, taking the ball early out in front.
    You can also whip around the outside of the ball, imparting sidespin as much as topspin, for a "twist" effect, but you need major swingspeed and a propensity to hit with heavy topspin.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
    You can slice, as said, taking the ball early out in front.
    You can also whip around the outside of the ball, imparting sidespin as much as topspin, for a "twist" effect, but you need major swingspeed and a propensity to hit with heavy topspin.
    Lee how's it going with the dry walls

hey Dozu!.....
    Gotta still insulate and rock, tape, sand, prime, and paint about 26 walls, 4 ceilings, add 4 interior doors, 1,100 feet of engineered flooring, build 2 decks, design and execute a garden around 3 sides of the house, and I"m done ...
    As for half volleys from the baseline, I notice that I win more points by blocking the ball back low and firm, very little spin, than trying to make anythng happen off those shin high shots.

Hi,
    I want To join This Community to upgrade the skills and the techniques.

to better knowledge of the forehand issue can take the help of Milli's split methods.you can also take tennis coach certification from their split methods.METHOD THAT DARES TO GIVE MULTI MONEY BACK GUARANTEES METHOD IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TEACHING STILES
    Last edited by dennish; 01-02-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: currection