» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 769

0 members and 769 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Help with my forehand swing?

I am brand new to this site and hope someone can help me. I just started playing tennis this year and love it.
    I think I have a good ey for the ball and can get myself in decent positions, I play right handed and double backhand. However when I can't practice on a court I practice in my garden against the back of the house, a brick wall and practice returning. however to avoid hitting the window I have to hit high so my forehand swing sort of my arm swings and my racket ends up curved on my right hand side. If I let my arm swing fully so the racket ends up on my left shoulder side will this help me hit lower balls?
    Thanks for help.

I think you let your arm swing fully so the racket ends up on your left shoulder side is the right Posture,I belive you can hit lower balls,hope you improve your skill.
    I like sports
    I 'm crazy about sports!

Quote Originally Posted by toxina90 View Post
    I am brand new to this site and hope someone can help me. I just started playing tennis this year and love it.
    I think I have a good ey for the ball and can get myself in decent positions, I play right handed and double backhand. However when I can't practice on a court I practice in my garden against the back of the house, a brick wall and practice returning. however to avoid hitting the window I have to hit high so my forehand swing sort of my arm swings and my racket ends up curved on my right hand side. If I let my arm swing fully so the racket ends up on my left shoulder side will this help me hit lower balls?
    Thanks for help.
    Toxina,

The best way to hit low balls is to get low! There are all kinds of follow through's on tour but when the ball is low there is now better way to hit it than to move up to the ball and get low.
    www.tennisguru.com
    Get Re-Strung!

backflip Guest
    You need to impose some control on your swing. Either you tighten the grip or loosen up, it's up to you.

Thanks 4 All Your Help Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsky10 View Post
    I think you let your arm swing fully so the racket ends up on your left shoulder side is the right Posture,I belive you can hit lower balls,hope you improve your skill.

It has been a long time since I came on here and have since changed my game. Since I am left handed in writing and right in throwing etc I ofund it easier to use double hands on both sides.

I must say my ame has improved ALOT.

Thanks for all your help anyway. I only remembered this recently, I thought I would be notified by email if i had replies but I wasn't sorry.

no all you need to do is change the rotation of your racket. Make it smaller than a normal swing. Yes it might take awhile to get the hang of it and how much power to use on it but it works. just start out slow and soft then pick up from there.

jesus christ... the only thin u need to do is position urself well and hit the ball earlier than u already do so get closer to the ball... or to hit lower balls jus hit earlier and follow ur racket with your body... or if u gt volley then jus wait for them to bounce to the hieght u want them and adjust your position.

The direction of the ball is determined by the contact point with the ball, the direction where the face of raquet is pointing and the follow trough. Then you take in consideration the hight of the ball and where the level of your swing should be etc.

Hitting with two hands gives you a bit more control. This is do in part to having double the strength when you swing the raquet so your swing is more stable. In the other hand doing the follow through with a two hands is a bit more dificult.

Good luck with your game
    CC