» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 375

0 members and 375 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

broke my racquet

after this morning's match between Haas and Federer, i made my way to the courts. i was about half way through my first basket of balls when all the sudden the racquet came out of my hand about three-quarters the way through my serve. it struck the ground with much velocity, broke in the process, and ended up a little past my own serve line. recently i added lead tape the the grip. i believe this may be what caused the accident; lead tape doesnt have much grip compared to the handle. what do you people think?

I've never heard of someone putting led tape on the grip of the racquet before! I'd say that's 99.99999999% of the reason it slipped out of your hand!
    Actually, from those photos your grip looks well worn as it is. You need an overgrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Atlas View Post
    I've never heard of someone putting led tape on the grip of the racquet before! I'd say that's 99.99999999% of the reason it slipped out of your hand!
    Actually, from those photos your grip looks well worn as it is. You need an overgrip.
    yeah, definitely sucks. you are right though, that was the original, worn handle. the instructions said it was ok to place lead tape on the handle. o well, it was time for me to move on to a better racquet.

Enjoy choosing a new racquet! There's so much to choose from out there, I reckon it's great fun. Hmmm, I might just go and "accidently" break mine so I can get a new one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Atlas View Post
    Enjoy choosing a new racquet! There's so much to choose from out there, I reckon it's great fun. Hmmm, I might just go and "accidently" break mine so I can get a new one myself.
    lol, don't do that. i actually just bought the Head LiquidMetal Radical. i love it.. still getting used to it, but thoroughly enjoy it.

i broke my racket the other day =)
    ....apart from through anger

Quote Originally Posted by aliciasace View Post
    i broke my racket the other day =)
    ....apart from through anger
    what made you angry?

ouch. that is awful.....I would say the tape probably had something to do with it

what made you angry?
    playing the worst ive ever played against someone in a final of a tournament. I played horrendous.

playing the worst ive ever played against someone in a final of a tournament. I played horrendous.
    funny how much one's perspective can effect one's mood. i would've been happy to just be there; because i've never played a ranked match.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC360 View Post
    ouch. that is awful.....I would say the tape probably had something to do with it
    yeah, that's what i'm guessing. it was the first time i tried serving with lead tape on the handle. i love the head light racquet over my old head heavy one. my power is definitely down a little, but certainly was a fair trade.. control was my biggest issue.

unny how much one's perspective can effect one's mood. i would've been happy to just be there; because i've never played a ranked match.

lol well its kinda hard when you know you could do so much better and your playing horrific, I never even had anything to work with, i couldnt just take the pace of the ball, i couldnt rely on my serves, i couldnt do anything.

Talking Grip guaze

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    yeah, definitely sucks. you are right though, that was the original, worn handle. the instructions said it was ok to place lead tape on the handle. o well, it was time for me to move on to a better racquet.
    I have a racquet i have added 1/2 oz lead tape to the handle but, you gotta take the grip off first, You then just need to put the grip back on. I put it on above were i grip the racquet so that it does not change the grip.
    You need to use some kind of overgrip. I use GRIP GAUZE which is (OLD SCHOOL) but very effective. Your grip will not slip and its very cost effective. A lot of people don,t like the feel but it,s my favorite

lol well its kinda hard when you know you could do so much better and your playing horrific, I never even had anything to work with, i couldnt just take the pace of the ball, i couldnt rely on my serves, i couldnt do anything.
    i hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by haretrigger View Post
    I have a racquet i have added 1/2 oz lead tape to the handle but, you gotta take the grip off first, You then just need to put the grip back on. I put it on above were i grip the racquet so that it does not change the grip.
    You need to use some kind of overgrip. I use GRIP GAUZE which is (OLD SCHOOL) but very effective. Your grip will not slip and its very cost effective. A lot of people don,t like the feel but it,s my favorite
    why thank you very much for that bit of information. that would make much more sense. wow, 1/2 oz! isn't that like 9 feet of lead tape? i think it's 1/2 a gram per inch or something around there.