» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 716

0 members and 716 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Unregistered Guest

www.ernestomoreno.zoomshare.com

well my name is Ernesto Moreno and my website is www.ernestomoreno.zoomshare.com i am a junior pro tennis player hi i invite to all of you to visit my official website at www.ernestomoreno.zoomshare.com and also to my official fan club www.ernestoworld.zoomshare.com hope yu like it

marc Guest
    hello i think i should get sponsored because i play tennis for at less 5 hours a day , i have qualified for 5 nationals in canada , i am a certified tennis coach and teach both kids and adult groups at my club, i go to the gym 4 times a week finished 2 in the atlantic provinces tournament and i play all junior tournaments and men's tournaments, i dont have enough of money for all of my tennis expenses and tournaments across the country so please help if you can thanks

Unregistered Guest

Smile Help Appreciated

I would like to ask for help in acquriing a sponsor for my son born 1992) whos is in his second year at the Bruguera tennis acedy in Spain, and I don't even know where to begin. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

quite a bit of training u do i see, im 4th in japan and 19th in uk,

Drew Schrum Guest

Red face I Need tennis to survive

My name is drew schrum Ive been playing fro about 2 years I have many goals to acomplish and one of them is to get sponserd can you guys help me

legea_tennis Guest

Please help my dream became true. .

I'm addressing to ,hoping that you may have the opportunity and good will to be involved in financing a young tennis player.My name is Daniel Nicolaie Dumitriu,I am 16 years old,I have 1,87 m and 73 kg.
    I am a legitimate performance player at the Romanian Tennis Federation.Up until now, I,ve had extremly good results being awarwed with numerous diploms and cups. Since the beginning of this year ,I've had second place in the country ,out of 222 players.Internationally,I am number 87 out of approximately 3500 with scores according to the European Junior Ranking Boys Under 16 ,I managed to gain this position after only two tournaments played in Romania due to the fact that I don't have the financial means to play abroad.Presently I am a component of Romania's Junior's league.
    The sport's clubs do not finance the trainings, the courts the sport's equipament or national and international departures.The players have to finance themselves. I have an sponsorship contract with the german sport's firm "Kirschbaum Strings & Grips" and with the nutrishement suppliments production firm "Redis Nutritie".I am olso closing a contract with the "FISCHER" firm which produces tennis rackets. But all are insuficient for the good function of a professional sports man.
    If you consider that you can support me financially under your conditions I would be profundly obliged.

Good luck Guys

I have bad news for all you players looking for sponsorships...
    It's mean and rude but true:
    It's not going to happen...
    The same amount of players that win tournaments week after week is the few players that will MAYBE get sponsored.
    Anyone that will consider even throwing money at you will just think about one thing... What is in it for them.

The reason for sponsoring someone is to market/promote their own business. Can the way you play and win and promote yourself, bring any business in for your sponsor?
    Will sponsoring you and linking their big name to you and the way you play increase their own revenue??

Everyone would like a sponsor and have someone else supply you with stuff that you need for doing something you love...
    But remember also that businesses and people with lots of money just listens to one radio station: W.I.I.FM. (Whats In It For Me)

man im waiting to get sponsored by nikey anyone know how?

Attracting Sponsorship

Playing provincial and even national competition is great to develop your game but you really need to play Junior ITF Tounaments and get a good ITF ranking. By 15-16 you need to be top 300 and aim to crack top 100 by 17-18 in the boys. (about 1 to 2 years younger for girls) By 17-18 you should also be playing Futures Quallies and have a few ATP points which will get you inside 1000 in the ATP rankings. Then you can get a few sponsors interested.

None of the junior players asking for sponsorship, even ones with their own website and fan club, have a junior ITF ranking! They need some international performances and may have left their run too late!

Quote Originally Posted by eureka View Post
    None of the junior players asking for sponsorship, even ones with their own website and fan club, have a junior ITF ranking! They need some international performances and may have left their run too late!
    Actually I totally disagree with you. How old are you? I have had many friends who ranged from 100 to 20 in the world that didn't have an ITF ranking as a junior or even do well in the juniors and went on tour after graduating college. One can have international performances and still not have an ITF ranking. I also know and grew up playing with many juniors who were top in the country and did not play pro. Some people peak at different times in their life and some peak too soon. Don't base your future on what your results are in the juniors.....

Quote Originally Posted by eureka View Post
    Playing provincial and even national competition is great to develop your game but you really need to play Junior ITF Tounaments and get a good ITF ranking. By 15-16 you need to be top 300 and aim to crack top 100 by 17-18 in the boys. (about 1 to 2 years younger for girls) By 17-18 you should also be playing Futures Quallies and have a few ATP points which will get you inside 1000 in the ATP rankings. Then you can get a few sponsors interested.
    I am afraid of where you are getting your information......I have friends on tour now that I can truly say 50% of them did not follow this "rule" at all.

You're absolutely right about that. This is what I try to tell people all of the time. You can't judge people on the same level. Everyone IS different. That is the mistake that some of the sponsors and many of the tennis clubs (who sponsor some of the junior players) also make. Half the time, if not the majority of time, a lot of the wealthier people get the sponsorship money. It's not necessarily based on their talent, but in all hopes that it would work out in the future. There's a lot of cheating in the system. Unfortunately, lots of times the person who has more potential doesn't get the sponsorship that they need. Therefore, who in the hell or how in the hell will anyone ever know about them?

It's just like anything else in this world, some things are just screwed up. Many people refuse to correct it.

To add, a lot of times in the Juniors, people’s points don’t get added in like they should, therefore it makes some athletes LOOK better than others on paper. What I mean by this is that there are some kids who enter tournaments, win and their points are held back, mainly for smaller tournaments and this makes it less visible than a larger tournament or a pro circuit tournament. This stuff happens all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lrubentennis View Post
    Actually I totally disagree with you. How old are you? I have had many friends who ranged from 100 to 20 in the world that didn't have an ITF ranking as a junior or even do well in the juniors and went on tour after graduating college. One can have international performances and still not have an ITF ranking. I also know and grew up playing with many juniors who were top in the country and did not play pro. Some people peak at different times in their life and some peak too soon. Don't base your future on what your results are in the juniors.....

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulOne View Post
    You're absolutely right about that. This is what I try to tell people all of the time. You can't judge people on the same level. Everyone IS different. That is the mistake that some of the sponsors and many of the tennis clubs (who sponsor some of the junior players) also make. Half the time, if not the majority of time, a lot of the wealthier people get the sponsorship money. It's not necessarily based on their talent, but in all hopes that it would work out in the future. There's a lot of cheating in the system. Unfortunately, lots of times the person who has more potential doesn't get the sponsorship that they need. Therefore, who in the hell or how in the hell will anyone ever know about them?

It's just like anything else in this world, some things are just screwed up. Many people refuse to correct it.

To add, a lot of times in the Juniors, people’s points don’t get added in like they should, therefore it makes some athletes LOOK better than others on paper. What I mean by this is that there are some kids who enter tournaments, win and their points are held back, mainly for smaller tournaments and this makes it less visible than a larger tournament or a pro circuit tournament. This stuff happens all of the time.
    Isn't that the truth!!! In fact its what I am dealing with at this point as I am returning to the pro circuit. Of course, I too am looking for a sponsor and when I was 16 it was very easy for me...but now even though I am sooo much better then I was then and am self-motivated etc..etc...its so much harder. Like you say some things are just screwed up.... At least there is someone out there who is on the same page as me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lrubentennis View Post
    Isn't that the truth!!! In fact its what I am dealing with at this point as I am returning to the pro circuit. Of course, I too am looking for a sponsor and when I was 16 it was very easy for me...but now even though I am sooo much better then I was then and am self-motivated etc..etc...its so much harder. Like you say some things are just screwed up.... At least there is someone out there who is on the same page as me...
    Lrubentennis,

I hope that you do very well on the pro circuit. Keep believing in what you're doing and go full force at it. This is when things will fall into place for you. Sometimes things are rough for some of us and we may not understand why at the time. But, it can only make you a better person. The good thing is that you have not given up on your dreams.

Believe me, I'm sure that we are not the only ones. There are so many players out there that experience things like this, but then there are a lot of them who have an easy street. Things are handed to them on a platter. You find, for the most part, that they don't appreciate Jack crap. One thing you'll know for sure is that you will earn your way to where you want to be. That's the best feeling ever.