» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 476

0 members and 476 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Serena's 'Roid Rage.....

Wow, that was quite shocking. She couldn't control it and she is mighty muscular boys and girls. Hmmmmmmmmm. She snapped a couple of times during the match. Test her dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness, what a meltdown, at the worst possible time!

I think Serena will be regretting that behavior, and more specifically those words, for a very long time. Not that she will ever admit so publicly.

I have always been an admirer of Serena's on-court "fight", but that verbal barrage was just awful.

(full disclosure: I actually know that linesperson from ITF's here in Japan)

*walks away shaking head*

I was wondering if the lineswoman was going to get beat up later. Serena took losing spectacularly to a whole different level with her shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    I was wondering if the lineswoman was going to get beat up later. Serena took losing spectacularly to a whole different level with her shenanigans.
    Could you imagine if something like that happened?

It never would, of course, but just the thought...

To be honest I find the whole matter quite hilarious.. but ofcourse distrubing too.
    I saw it on TV and they were saying that she told the press she didn't remember what she said and that she didn't regret it and had no apology.
    Then I googled it.. and what she said was strange, yet quite funny.
    I actually had expected something like that though. Serena looked really upset and was rolling her eyes and shaking her head and every so often giving dirty looks to the linesmen.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

Serena went into this match with a lot of pressure. Everyone expected a show but for Serena to come out on top. She had several days to think about that because of the rain. From the time she walked on center stage, I could tell something was different. Kim had beaten the Williams sisters in the same tournament previously. Too bad it had to end with such ridiculous drama for such a deserving winner, Kim Clijsters.

I am actually very serious about testing her. She is too full in the muscles and literally is just brimming with muscle. My friend is a physical therapist/former bodybuilder and he saw one of her matches the other day and nonchalantly said she was on steroids. I know he knows what he is talking about. His explanation is that there would be no way for her to hold her muscle size with the amount of cardio that she does in order to be in the shape that she is in. He also has dealt with steroids for years in the bodybuilding industry. I don't doubt it after seeing her explosion. She looked like she had a 'roid rage. The girl is pushing 180 pounds guys if not more. I know she is lucrative to the WTA tour due to her ability to draw crowds, but she seriously needs to be tested at every tournament. I don't care if she is America's only tennis hope right now. I am American and I want the game to be fair for everyone. She has a mighty hairy upper lip too. She looks like the guy from the movie the Green Mile out there in a skirt. For a second, I thought Mike Tyson was posing as Serena Williams out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    I am actually very serious about testing her. She is too full in the muscles and literally is just brimming with muscle. My friend is a physical therapist/former bodybuilder and he saw one of her matches the other day and nonchalantly said she was on steroids. I know he knows what he is talking about. His explanation is that there would be no way for her to hold her muscle size with the amount of cardio that she does in order to be in the shape that she is in. He also has dealt with steroids for years in the bodybuilding industry. I don't doubt it after seeing her explosion. She looked like she had a 'roid rage. The girl is pushing 180 pounds guys if not more. I know she is lucrative to the WTA tour due to her ability to draw crowds, but she seriously needs to be tested at every tournament. I don't care if she is America's only tennis hope right now. I am American and I want the game to be fair for everyone. She has a mighty hairy upper lip too. She looks like the guy from the movie the Green Mile out there in a skirt. For a second, I thought Mike Tyson was posing as Serena Williams out there.
    Just about every woman in the WTA is big. In fact, at 5'9" 150 lbs, Serena is probably below average. Look at Dinara Safina 6'1" or Maria Sharapova 6'2"! They make Serena look small. Even in the ATP we are seeing a trend of bigger people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    Just about every woman in the WTA is big. In fact, at 5'9" 150 lbs, Serena is probably below average. Look at Dinara Safina 6'1" or Maria Sharapova 6'2"! They make Serena look small. Even in the ATP we are seeing a trend of bigger people.
    Ha Ha! You think she is 150 lbs.? Not a chance. Not even close. All of 180 lbs. She was twice as thick as the tournament director. She is too full. Seriously. I know plenty of people who aren't truthful about their weight and they take the stats the player gives them. Wouldn't it embarrass you to say that you weighed 180 lbs. as a woman? Hormones don't make you taller, they make you more muscular. Serena is tall as are the Russian players, but size them up muscularity wise. Giant difference. I am a thorough believer that she is juicing now. No doubt in my mind. In the three years I played professionally, I didn't get tested one single time. I doubt very seriously they are testing the ladies.

i don't know about 180. i'm 6'2" 160. there's no way she's bigger (strength-wise) than me. i would accept 170 max even if she is on steroids.

i don't know about 180. i'm 6'2" 160. there's no way she's bigger (strength-wise) than me. i would accept 170 max even if she is on steroids.
    She is bigger than you thickness wise. I am 5'10" tall and 175 lbs. She is bigger than I am. Her thighs are as big as our waists. It's the fullness of her muscles that makes me suspect it. I have been around steroid users and they have that same roundness and bulge in their muscles. I have also seen the brief but violent fits of rage that they can have and it didn't look a bit different than what I saw in her. There are too many ways to get around the urine test, but a blood test would say it all. My money says she would fail. I truly think she did not realize that she said she would kill the judge either. She was so enraged, she didn't know what was flying from her mouth. Her aggressiveness towards Clisters at times was also disconcerting. Watch the match again and pay close attention to Serena and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    She is bigger than you thickness wise. I am 5'10" tall and 175 lbs. She is bigger than I am. Her thighs are as big as our waists. It's the fullness of her muscles that makes me suspect it. I have been around steroid users and they have that same roundness and bulge in their muscles. I have also seen the brief but violent fits of rage that they can have and it didn't look a bit different than what I saw in her. There are too many ways to get around the urine test, but a blood test would say it all. My money says she would fail. I truly think she did not realize that she said she would kill the judge either. She was so enraged, she didn't know what was flying from her mouth. Her aggressiveness towards Clisters at times was also disconcerting. Watch the match again and pay close attention to Serena and see what you think.
    yeah how about that point that finished with Serena slamming the ball and screaming with fury. her mother was seriously embarassed by that.. she covered her face.

what do you think of this explanation. going into that match, everyone expected high drama points but for Serena to eventually come out on top. she had three days to think this over. after losing the first set, she became even more pressed. also, foot faults are rarely called - for Serena to have two in one match would make any semifinalist mad. all this lead to her losing control.

yeah how about that point that finished with Serena slamming the ball and screaming with fury. her mother was seriously embarassed by that.. she covered her face.

what do you think of this explanation. going into that match, everyone expected high drama points but for Serena to eventually come out on top. she had three days to think this over. after losing the first set, she became even more pressed. also, foot faults are rarely called - for Serena to have two in one match would make any semifinalist mad. all this lead to her losing control.
    She was acting bizarre even before the foot fault was called. She also had one earlier in the match. Navratilova said she foot faulted as well. She kind of seemed out of control most of the match, it just took that one thing to make her explode. Take a look at Serena from the old days and compare her to now in terms of size. Besides, where was there pressure on her? She has lost numerous times in Grand Slams and never lost it like that. She acted really bizarre and I want you to take a look again at her post-match interview. I have seen that dazed look in steroid users after they had meltdowns as well. I am telling you, without a doubt in my mind, that I really think she is on hormones. I guarantee she has an elevated testosterone level. Sharapova, Clisters, Henin, Graf, all of them looked basically the same body mass wise throughout their career. Serena is way, way bigger than she used to be. (Maybe that is Mike Tyson out their posing as Serena!)

I really wouldn't be surprised if she was on roids. It's almost impossible for women to put on that kind of muscle without them. I don't really understand how the extra muscle mass helps in tennis though.

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    I really wouldn't be surprised if she was on roids. It's almost impossible for women to put on that kind of muscle without them. I don't really understand how the extra muscle mass helps in tennis though.
    oh, come on. almost impossible? how could you say that? there are many succesful female tennis players who had lots of strength and DID NOT use roids!
    i think the muscle can't be from steroids.
    if she was using roids she'd be gone by now.
    her career would have been finished by now.