» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 645

0 members and 645 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Terrible Backhand

I played tennis last week for the first time in over a year. My forehand wasn't good, but i know i can easily fix that. My backhand however was terrible. The ball usually ends up hitting the frame or I completely miss it. What can i do to improve that?

Go to www.tennisteacher.com and check out Oscar Wegner's method. You can also look at his forum here on tennisw under Modern Tennis Methodology.

this might not be the standard tennis teacher response but i would go to the batting cages and bat lefthanded if that is your backhand side. i am a lefty batter and have a right hand forehand and my backhand is my best weapon. i attribute that to me batting lefty. batting is all about swinging your hips through and that helps with a backhand as well. just a thought for an alternative route instead of hitting tons of balls at the court. good luck, practice will make is better as always but this way gets you into a different atmosphere and might be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kmisra View Post
    I played tennis last week for the first time in over a year. My forehand wasn't good, but i know i can easily fix that. My backhand however was terrible. The ball usually ends up hitting the frame or I completely miss it. What can i do to improve that?
    How old are you?Check on yout*be and see slo mos on pros backhands.

if your backhand is really "terrible" you can go to www.playsportstv.com they have great video on w/e backhand u want juss showing step by step.