» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 535

0 members and 535 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Travel Trivia - Can you name this place?

If I were standing here ?

N 35° 38.036 W 100° 27.076

Sounds to me as though you would be at a crossroads... I'll give someone else a chance to come up with the rest of the answer...
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sounds to me as though you would be at a crossroads... I'll give someone else a chance to come up with the rest of the answer...
    And I thought this was going to be hard

Tx

How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

WTF ??? Would you believe I actually thought it would take several days until somebody figured this out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    WTF ??? Would you believe I actually thought it would take several days until somebody figured this out ?
    Did we fail to mention that many of us are amateur rocket scientists in our spare time?

Actually, Google should probably get the credit for my answer. All I did was copied the coordinates and did a Google search on them.
    www.TennisW.com

New Teaser

OK, where am I now?

5h13m36s (RA), -8° 13' (dec) and 5h52m0s (RA), 07° 24' (dec)
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Google was dumbfounded with that one. Hmm... gonna make us work harder on this one, huh?

Hey, maybe we can take guesses & you reply with 'hotter' or 'colder'?

I'll be getting back to this thread soon...
    www.TennisW.com

Say It Three Times

Out Of This World...
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 03-28-2009 at 01:40 AM.

TA ~

That is way too hard .. I'm coming up with Charlotte South Carolina and I know that can't be right. But before you give the answer, let this ride a couple more days. I like challenges ... no more clues I'll figure it out

Hint

I repeat, it's out of this world

Just from the look of it I was figuring they were some sort of astronomical chart coordinates, but other than that I do not know... at this point...
    www.TennisW.com

Getting Warmer

Good, John. You're on the right track. Now go back to the photo and figure out who it is, then (with a variation on the name), you're there! Remember, say it 3 times...

Ok I completely give up on this one ... Sorry but it's starting to give me a headache. It's all you John

T-Angel ~ I can't wait to find out what this is and for all the stress it's given me, it had better be a good one

Final answer

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Angel View Post

Out Of This World...Say it 3 times
    OK, guys, I didn't mean for this to be so difficult, but perhaps I was coloring too far outside the lines. So here's the final answer:

Photo = Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, the yellow-haired, snaggle-toothed, profane, lecherous, unscrupulous, flatulent, bio-exorcist, "gonzo" spirit from film of the same name. To conjure him up and transition from the mortal world to the outer offices of Heaven and other planes one must utter his name 3 times ("Beetleljuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!"). It is a mock variation on the extra-terrestrial destination Betelgeuse, indicated on the celestial sphere in the constellation Orion:

Betelgeuse (bēt'əljooz′) http://www.solstation.com/x-objects/betelgeuse.htm

On this 1835 constellation chart Betelgeuse is the star illustrated on the right shoulder of the hunter Orion
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 03-30-2009 at 04:44 PM.