» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 758

0 members and 758 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

What do you do to prepare for a tournament?

For those who play in tournaments, what do you do to get prepared- Basically the day before and day of? Do you review anything, eat certain foods, do any scouting, etc?

I don't worry too much about it. It stays on my mind, but I don't let it stress me. I just keep calm about it until it is time to come up.

Of course, I practice. I work on my weaker points and focus on my stronger points.

I also have this whole mantra thing that I do. It's long and complicanted . It involved a few racquet kisses, some talking to my racquet, and dedicating the match to someone. I've found out that not only does it help me relax and play better, but some of my opponents are psyched out by it. But to be honest, if I saw a guy walking around mumbling and kissing his racquet, I'd be a little nervous too.

The night before I eat a big pasta meal and the day of the match I drink plenty of water. As far as opponents go, I make sure that I have seen my opponent play recently so that I can formulate a strategy to use against him. I make sure all of my rackets are strung and newly gripped. I prepare myself mentally by reviewing my strategy and telling myself to focus and play hard. Basically, after you play a few tournaments you kind of end up doing some routine.

Do either of you play matches on freshly strung racquets?

I make sure that the strings are good in all of my rackets but I don't restring them just for the tournament.

I still am in the experimenting phase of finding strings for my racket, so I don't play on a freshly strung racket. I want to have a better idea of how it will play.
    Down the road, once I determine a string I definitely like, that might change, but I'm not to that point yet.

easy, you listen to grime music beforehand. Makes ya mad and ya wanna mash up your opponents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbRsi8C260g

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ANQDCGNuO...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esH5Fco6Ec

Ya Mum's got athletes foot!

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow2247 View Post
    if I saw a guy walking around mumbling and kissing his racquet, I'd be a little nervous too.
    Never that.

Only waste guys would get nervous at a bloke kissing a racket.

Ya Mum's got athletes foot!