» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 540

0 members and 540 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    ben_tibbitts200 Guest

find me a new racquet

iv been using a prince airdrive. its an ok racquet but i want to get a midsized head not another oversized head. and just a couple weeks ago when i was playing a match i served and the ball hit the top part of the frame and all i heard was a short snap. so i kinda need to find a racquet that is cheap but still good and has a midsized head.

__________________________________________________ __
    oh ya i forgott to add my playing style.
    i put alot of spin on the ball that usualy drops right after it goes over the net. my serve is a spin serve and the racquet hits the ball at a high point of the strings. since i have alot of spin on my ground strokes i would like to have the frame be a little skinny.
    Last edited by ben_tibbitts200; 04-25-2004 at 11:24 AM.

Unregistered Guest
    geez 200 views and not a single reply, i have a similar style of play and am interested in the same question.

cmon people help him out

Unregistered Guest
    750 views and no reply???? do people on this forum ever bother answering?

Ya wanna get better? Get something old school, like the Prince Graphite,,,,Pro Staff, etc. It should weigh at least 11 oz's. Trust me on this one, it will make you better.

Unregistered Guest
    I just got my old Wilson out of the garage, It doesn't make too much of a difference to how I play anyways...

i use a prince more precision, the head i believe is 97, it's a wonderfully balanced raquet with good control, at least i think so, the only problem i have with it is that i don't think it's quite heavy enough for me. and i bought it for 85 so it's not expensive

Unregistered Guest
    hey. You want a thin framed overall racket that just screams out "quality"???
    I have 3 words for you.... Babolat Pure Drive
    look into it, its a great racket
    (steer clear of Prince, babolat or wilson are the way to go)

deer0050 Guest

racquet

The Wilson line of racquets have really good mid-sized racquets. I was looking at racquets myself not too long ago and found a great selection.
    Go to this website to view the racquet selection.

http://www.tennissavvy.com

Quote Originally Posted by ben_tibbitts200
    iv been using a prince airdrive. its an ok racquet but i want to get a midsized head not another oversized head. and just a couple weeks ago when i was playing a match i served and the ball hit the top part of the frame and all i heard was a short snap. so i kinda need to find a racquet that is cheap but still good and has a midsized head.

i put alot of spin on the ball that usualy drops right after it goes over the net. my serve is a spin serve and the racquet hits the ball at a high point of the strings. since i have alot of spin on my ground strokes i would like to have the frame be a little skinny.

hi,
    i want your advice, i played very long time (10 years) with pro staff 6.1si stretch but now i must change it because i broke it
    i prefer wilson but which model?i play k factor six.one lite but i dont like it..
    thanks for your help
    take a care

Quote Originally Posted by cankutb View Post
    hi,
    i want your advice, i played very long time (10 years) with pro staff 6.1si stretch but now i must change it because i broke it
    i prefer wilson but which model?i play k factor six.one lite but i dont like it..
    thanks for your help
    take a care
    It depends on your game, but I'm using the Kobra Tour at the moment (the one that tsonga used in 2009). Its a fantastic racket with great feel, tons of control and some decent zip and spin. For a player who generates his own power this is a great racket to harness the control as well. I strongly recommend it.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

If you want a good midsize racket that is not too expensive then look at the Dunlop Aerogel range. The latest ones are the 4D but to tell you the truth I haven't found anyone tell the difference between the 4D and the earlier 3D ones. Now the beauty of it is that the earlier ones are going cheap. I bought an Aerogel 500 Tour (the one that Almagro plays with) brand new for £40 which is about $65 US. James Blake is another pro using an Aerogel - the 200. I have tried the Pure Drive and the Aerodrive, the Youtek Speed and the Prince Ozone MP and I still haven't found anything more stable and dependable than the Aerogel 500 Tour. And for the money, outstanding value. Very elbow, wrist and shoulder friendly as well.
    Hope this helps.

Update. Davydenko has just signed to Dunlop and will be using their rackets in future.

you need to demo some frames and see how they play for you.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, try to find quality rackets that are no longer in production. My favorite racket: Prince Shark Hybrid mid. One of the sleeper rackets of all time. 11.02 ounces strung. Medium power, good spin and easy on the arm. Another good out of production racket is the Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3 oversize. Weighs about 9.2 ounces strung but is head heavy to make up for the light weight. One of the Williams sisters used it to win the US Open in 2000(?) I think.

Red face the Prince Triple threat Oversize Racquet $49.95 (Retail$100)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_tibbitts200 View Post

I know you said mid sized but I highly recommend this one check out this link:
    http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bi...product=101469