» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 724

0 members and 724 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Unregistered Guest

How to find local people to play

I'm personally want to play with different people, the more you play, the better you get, so I was just wondering how to you find people to pratice tennis in local area( not many club in my area) with common interest, age or goal?

Unregistered Guest

Arrow

that's a good question......

Unregistered Guest

People to play in your area

I heard of a good website to find a player.. it's free too!

http://www.tennismates.com

Laters
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm personally want to play with different people, the more you play, the better you get, so I was just wondering how to you find people to pratice tennis in local area( not many club in my area) with common interest, age or goal?
    Takes a little bit of initiative but not a lot. I used to hang out at the local city courts and would occasionally pick up either a singles or doubles match because I would ask people if they 1.) needed a fourth?, or 2.) want to warm up a little before your playing partner comes? Be polite, friendly and humble. Hang out as often as your schedule permits. Get to know people. Sooner or later people will recognize your face and start asking you to play. At first you may get stuck in boring hit-n-giggle matches but if you have any kind of skill the better players will recognize that and you will quickly get into more challenging matches. Always try to play with the very best players that you can .. which reminds me of one more piece of advice. Don't get fixated on playing people of your own age. Some of the best players I have ever played in both singles and doubles are in their 60's, 70's and yes, 80's. Even when I was in my 20's and 30's these guys would be tough to beat. They have developed strokes, sound strategies and good footwork. Come to find out, many of the old guys that I played had been ranked players. I'm in my 60's and play at the 4.0 level in both singles and doubles. Tennis has kept me bigger, stronger and faster than non-tennis playing guys that are half my age. Good luck.

Setup Tennis, Radio Tennis, "El Voz de Tenis"

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    to hookup with tennis players in your area go to:

http://www.setuptennis.com/

also, listen to live tennis on the internet at:

www.radiotennis.com

You can read about "The Voice of Tennis", Ken Thomas at:
    http://www.kenthomas.name/index.html

Great stuff!
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 10-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Some time ago I placed an ad on a local free-classified-ads site. Most areas have something similar - this was Gumtree. Under the section for sports there was a category for people looking for local sports partners or players for team sports. I stuck an ad there and got about six replies. Some of them were not that good but one of them was about the same standard as me and I played that guy regularly throughout the summer. I also found a few places that organise community tennis where anyone can turn up and started going there. It's a mixed bag of all ages and standards and mostly doubles but after a few weeks I was already setting up singles matches with some of the better players.