» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 470

0 members and 470 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Who is the worst ever ...

Who is the worst TV tennis commentator of all time? Brad Gilbert, Justin Gimmelstob or Bud Collins.

I think Williams' fans might want Mary Carillo added to the list I myself haven't had the misfortune of hearing her commentate here in the UK but a friend of mine absolutely despises her for her views on the Williams sisters. Just a thought

Mary Jo Fernandez is the worst interviewer of all time. Does she commentate?

Bud Collins, hands down. Hemorrhaging Hyperbole. Drives me nuts. Take it easy on Mary Jo and Mary Carillo. Carillo is dead on with her statements about the Williams sisters. She just tells the honest truth and holds nothing back. If people find that offensive then they need thicker skin.

The highlight of Mary Jo's bad interviewing skills happened at the WTA semi's USO. Wozniacki had just beat Oudin convincingly. Before Oudin left the court, Mary Jo said twice to Melanie, "we don't normally interview the loser". It was funny, but many of us felt for Oudin as she was clearly embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    The highlight of Mary Jo's bad interviewing skills happened at the WTA semi's USO. Wozniacki had just beat Oudin convincingly. Before Oudin left the court, Mary Jo said twice to Melanie, "we don't normally interview the loser". It was funny, but many of us felt for Oudin as she was clearly embarrassed.
    Yeah, that was a bit uncomfortable yet funny. Much like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Bud Collins without a doubt. Mary Carillo, with Pam Shriver as a close second, gets my vote for worst female commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    I'm so sorry to Mary Jo Fernanadez. It was Pam Shriver who interviewed Oudin at the USO. I'm with tennis man on the Pam Shriver pick.

bud collins he is boring