» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 528

0 members and 528 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

new at the forum

Hello My name is Laura and I am new at this forum. I just started playing tennis and I have to say it is a good work out. I am thinking of really taking this game seriously and I was wondering if anyone out there can give some tips on how to really play this game well.

Thanks Laura

Hi Laura Welcome to TennsW !!!
    I know lots of people here will help you with good tips and advice!

Most important, find a regular practice partner and hit regularly, hopefully 3 times a week.
    Continually try to find better practice partners, to play against varied games. Don't just play tennis on the courts, but find partners who like to discuss and analysis over lunch or while watching other BETTER players.
    It takes TIME to get good at tennis. You will never get good if you just go to the courts, hit some balls (up to couple hours), then immediately leave the courts.
    You have to watch TV pro tennis to know the correct strokes and styles.
    Coaching is not a bad thing, but most better players will also tell you your flaws in strokes and game. Accept what they say, you can employ their advice, or NOT, with your own judgement.
    If you think your strokes are different than most on TV, then posting vids can help also, as lots of tennis players know correct strokes when they see it.
    Good luck, hope you have fun above all else.

Hi Laura, welcome to TW!
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Thank you

Laura

Greetings Laura ~

It's great to have you as a New Member of our Community.
    Now all you have to do is post at least 10 times and you'll drop the 'New' from your Title.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact any of the following:

John (Forum Admin)
    Coach (Super Moderator)
    Junbug (Moderator)
    Harwin (Moderator)
    Jtas (Moderator)

"Your Opinion Matters"

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

thats great all i need to do is 10 post and the new is drop
    I will certainly do that.

Thanks Laura

It make a big difference when you really hook up with someone that can teach you on how to play this game. I am excited about it. It has been too cold to play outside so I am playing indoor.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Laura425 View Post
    It make a big difference when you really hook up with someone that can teach you on how to play this game. I am excited about it. It has been too cold to play outside so I am playing indoor.

Laura
    Wise Man once say, "When you are unsure of what to do, it is best to be as comfortable as you can doing what you don't understand"

Now please don't ask what that really means but playing indoors is great for some. When we moved to New England, I had to learn what it was like to play on rubberized surfaces and also I began playing more doubles for my personal past time although I'm not a real fan of doubles personally.

Laura - Please give us a little background of where your skill level is at. How long have you been playing Tennis? Are you participating in professional training sessions or do you have a qualified partner that is helping you with the basics?

What Region of the Country do you live in, it's not necessary to tell us the exact City or State of you'd rather keep that private.

Lastly, What areas of your skill level do you feel you have the less amount of trouble and the most amount of trouble? In other words, can you list what you feel most comfortable with and least comfortable with?

Example: I have no idea how to hit a backhand shot or my serve is horrible or I seem to have no problems hitting forehand rallies and my Court Speed is pretty good, etc.

Thanks Laura ,

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

As I have said when I first started posting I just strated playing the game so with some of the people that I am starting to hook up with I am learning a little. I know I need to work on my serve I am hitting it too high and hard so it bounces out of the line.

I guess I need help with everything. I just know how to hit the ball over the net.

Thanks Laura